For the month of January, I’ve been sharing a new salad recipe every weekend. Honestly, I could not pick a favourite! Each one is different, yet simple enough to pull together quickly from pantry ingredients (plus a bit of fresh produce). Here are the other three, which are well worth trying if you haven’t yet:
And now we have tuna salad with a twist. There is no wrong way to eat this tangy tuna salad. Besides being a great sandwich filling, you can roll it up in a lettuce leaf or homemade tortilla, or tuck it into pita pocket. The combination of tuna and white beans is also surprisingly good on tortilla chips and also tastes delicious stuffed in tomatoes. For a healthy lunch, try it on my homemade buckwheat lentil crackers. This weekend for the kids sake, I mixed the tuna salad with gluten-free pasta. They loved it and so did I!
So the only question is, which way will you eat it first?
Tuna and White Bean Salad with Tahini
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise, optional
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 Tablespoons mashed avocado
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1 cup cooked/canned white beans
- garlic salt or sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together tahini, mayonnaise, oil, lemon juice, honey, paprika, and avocado with a fork until combined well.
- Add tahini mixture to tuna and white beans and stir gently until evenly combined. Add in olives and/or green onions if desired.
- Serving options: Stuff salad into hollow tomatoes or mix with prepared pasta. Use as a filling for sandwiches or wraps.
I share recipes at Allergy Free Wednesdays, Gluten Free Wednesdays, and here.
6 thoughts on “Tuna and White Bean Salad with Tahini and Avocado”
Tahini w/ tuna? Brilliant! – Kat
This looks so fresh and delicious!
This is a great recipe! I’d love it if you would share it on my new corn-free link party. http://www.creatingsilverlinings.com/corn-free-everyday-feb-01-2015/
Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays Party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! 🙂 I can’t wait to see what you share next time!
Always looking for new takes on tuna! Yum.