Broccoli salad meets BLT in this simple medley of bacon, broccoli, and tomatoes. A tangy olive oil vinaigrette dressing ties the flavors together with just a touch of mustard and honey.
Broccoli Bacon Tomato Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped, optional
- 1/2 shallot, peeled and chopped, optional
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon or more prepared mustard (I prefer yellow)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Prepare dressing by whisking together vinegar, olive oil, salt, honey (if using), mustard, shallot, and green onion.
- In a medium serving bowl, toss together broccoli and tomatoes. Add dressing and toss until broccoli is evenly coated. Stir in bacon pieces. Serve within 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate salad for up to 2 days.