Three Bean Salad is one of the easiest salads ever! It comes together in just minutes. All you need are cooked beans plus a few dressing ingredients swiftly mixed. Voila! Flavourful herbs and filling ingredients create a marvelous side dish or lighter lunch. We enjoyed this salad right away, but the leftover portion was even better on the second day after the rich pesto flavours had infused the beans. My kids gave it their stamp of approval as well! More healthy salad recipes are coming your way this month. I’ll be sharing a new salad recipe every Saturday! Join me here and on Facebook for the latest posts and discussion of what’s on the menu.
Pesto-Dressed Three Bean Salad
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas (or one 400 mL can, drained)
- 1.5 cups cooked cut green beans (or one 400 mL can, drained)
- 1.5 cups white beans (or one 400 mL can, drained)
- 3 Tablespoons green pesto, from a jar or homemade
- 2 teaspoons olive oil*
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar*
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar or wine vinegar*
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice*
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- chopped walnuts and/or dried (or fresh) basil, for topping, optional
*to further simplify, bottled balsamic salad dressing may be substituted for these
- Whisk together pesto, oil, vinegars and lemon juice in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, combine chickpeas and white beans. Toss with pesto dressing to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix in green beans. Add more sea salt if desired. Top salad with walnuts and basil (optional).