Tangy turmeric vinaigrette adds zest to fresh lettuce leaves sprinkled with smoked ham and crunchy almonds. Ready in minutes, this protein-loaded salad will power you through the day.What really makes this salad unforgettable is the vinaigrette dressing. Turmeric not only has anti-inflammatory benefits, it adds a mustard-like zing to the dressing which tastes exquisite with smoked meat.
After a heavy duty workout, my body was craving protein, so I loaded my fresh butter lettuce leaves with smoked turkey kielbasa cubes and almonds. But the vinaigrette stole my heart, coating the meat with a tangy dressing that tasted like a honey mustard glaze.
I may serve ham for Easter this year just so I can have this very salad with the leftovers!
Green Power Salad with Ham, Almonds, and Turmeric Vinaigrette
- Fresh lettuce, chopped or torn into bite-sized pieces
- Tomatoes, cut in wedges
- Carrots, sliced into rounds
- Whole almonds (mine were roasted with sea salt)
- Smoked ham (or uncured turkey kielbasa sausage), cubed
Turmeric Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pure honey
- 1/2 teaspoon za’atar (or more, added to taste)
- Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients; add more honey and za’tar to taste if desired.
- To assemble salad, on a bed of lettuce, arrange tomatoes, carrots, almonds, and ham. Blend vinaigrette again just prior to drizzling over salad.
Vinaigrette adapted from Delicious Daydreams.
I’m sharing this at Allergy Free Wednesday and here.
6 thoughts on “Green Power Salad with Ham, Almonds, and Turmeric Vinaigrette”
I’m crazy for salads and this looks like one that could actually be a whole meal.
Yes, indeed! It was my lunch (along with a smoothie). 🙂
This looks great! I’m allergic to rice, so would substitute the vinegar, but turmeric is a great addition.. Never would have thought about it on a salad! I get the feeling of wanting protein (Nuts, meat, cheese, etc.) after my intense ballet classes, too!
I hope you get to try the turmeric dressing soon. It compliments the ham so well.
Love the vinaigrette! What a great idea to add turmeric. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Savoring Saturdays linky party!
I love salads and this looks fabulous! Just pinned in and will be making it soon. Thanks for a beautiful and delicious recipe!