Tangy turmeric vinaigrette adds zest to fresh lettuce leaves sprinkled with smoked ham and crunchy almonds. Ready in minutes, this protein-loaded salad will power you through the day.What really makes this salad unforgettable is the vinaigrette dressing. Turmeric not only has anti-inflammatory benefits, it adds a mustard-like zing to the dressing which tastes exquisite with smoked meat.
After a heavy duty workout, my body was craving protein, so I loaded my fresh butter lettuce leaves with smoked turkey kielbasa cubes and almonds. But the vinaigrette stole my heart, coating the meat with a tangy dressing that tasted like a honey mustard glaze.
I may serve ham for Easter this year just so I can have this very salad with the leftovers!
Green Power Salad with Ham, Almonds, and Turmeric Vinaigrette
- Fresh lettuce, chopped or torn into bite-sized pieces
- Tomatoes, cut in wedges
- Carrots, sliced into rounds
- Whole almonds (mine were roasted with sea salt)
- Smoked ham (or uncured turkey kielbasa sausage), cubed
Turmeric Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pure honey
- 1/2 teaspoon za’atar (or more, added to taste)
- Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients; add more honey and za’tar to taste if desired.
- To assemble salad, on a bed of lettuce, arrange tomatoes, carrots, almonds, and ham. Blend vinaigrette again just prior to drizzling over salad.
Vinaigrette adapted from Delicious Daydreams.