Great for a simple lunch or healthy snack, these stuffed avocados come together swiftly and are loaded with Tex-Mex flavour! Cumin and fresh veggies keep the avocados healthy and super tasty.
Avocados are not something I am fond of eating on their own. But add some texture and Mexican fair and I love them! Despite my daughter’s recent addiction to garlic salt on her morning toast, I found enough of it to shake on my stuffed avocado creation–and was it ever good!
Black Bean Stuffed Avocados
- Avocado, cut in halves, seed removed
- Lemon juice or lime juice
- Sea salt
- Mayonnaise (egg-based or vegan), optional
- Black beans, cooked and mashed
- Taco Seasoning or garlic salt and ground cumin, to taste
- Sweet bell pepper, any colour, chopped
- Shredded cabbage or fresh coleslaw mix
- Olives, optional
- Green onions, optional
- Cilantro, optional
- Lightly coat the cut green surface of the avocado with lemon or lime juice to keep fresh. Sprinkle with sea salt or garlic salt.
- Mix together black beans, mayonnaise (if using), and taco seasoning or cumin and salt to taste.
- Fill each half of the avocado with a heaping spoonful of seasoned black beans. Top beans with sweet pepper, cabbage, and olives, onions, and cilantro (if using).