Great for a simple lunch or healthy snack, these stuffed avocados come together swiftly and are loaded with Tex-Mex flavour! Cumin and fresh veggies keep the avocados healthy and super tasty.
Avocados are not something I am fond of eating on their own. But add some texture and Mexican fair and I love them! Despite my daughter’s recent addiction to garlic salt on her morning toast, I found enough of it to shake on my stuffed avocado creation–and was it ever good!
Black Bean Stuffed Avocados
- Avocado, cut in halves, seed removed
- Lemon juice or lime juice
- Sea salt
- Mayonnaise (egg-based or vegan), optional
- Black beans, cooked and mashed
- Taco Seasoning or garlic salt and ground cumin, to taste
- Sweet bell pepper, any colour, chopped
- Shredded cabbage or fresh coleslaw mix
- Olives, optional
- Green onions, optional
- Cilantro, optional
- Lightly coat the cut green surface of the avocado with lemon or lime juice to keep fresh. Sprinkle with sea salt or garlic salt.
- Mix together black beans, mayonnaise (if using), and taco seasoning or cumin and salt to taste.
- Fill each half of the avocado with a heaping spoonful of seasoned black beans. Top beans with sweet pepper, cabbage, and olives, onions, and cilantro (if using).
I am bringing these avocados to Fiesta Friday this week and sharing them here.
Also shared at Allergy Free Wednesday , Gluten Free Wednesdays, and Savoring Saturdays.
22 thoughts on “Black Bean Stuffed Avocados”
Yum! Looks delicious and like such an easy lunch!
Yes, I had some for lunch today! 🙂
How about Greek yogurt as a replacement for the mayo?
I think that would work fine. I prefer the higher fat yogurt for richer flavour. You might want to sweeten plain yogurt a tad with a little maple syrup so that it’s more like sour cream.
love how colorful these are!! yum
Yes, the colours and the crisp vegetables are what I really like about these avocados!
Welcome to Fiesta Friday…what a wonderful, and creative idea. I’d never thought of stuffed avocados before, and now you have me thinking of all kinds of toppings. So healthy, fresh and flavorful. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Thanks! And yes, there are so many possibilities for what to put inside. Have a lovely weekend!
These are so creative and so beautiful. Thanks for sharing at FF and have a lovely weekend. 🙂 xx
Thanks, Jhuls! A Happy Fiesta Friday to you as well!
I love avocados, and yours look stunning! Thank you for sharing them at Fiesta Friday, to inspire us all!!
It’s very kind of you to say that. I hope you are having a great weekend too! 🙂
Black beans and avocados – a match made in heaven!
Oh wow, those look lovely! Thanks so much for bringing them to the party. Have a wonderful weekend! 🙂
Love avocados! This looks great! 🙂
Thanks! I enjoyed them for lunch twice last week. My son loved them too.
Wow! Thanks so much for sharing this at Savoring Saturdays. 🙂 I’m going to feature them this weekend.
I’m so glad! Thanks, Raia! 🙂
I loooove avocado! All the flavors of your recipe are right on target;) Just had a grain-free lunch consisting of left-over beef, avocado with olive oil/hot sauce, on a bed of lettuce. Also, I had sweet potato chips and a smoothie! Hope you check out my blog for other creative combos..
I’m so glad you’re enjoying the recipes. 🙂 I’ll be stopping by your blog soon!