Tangy, sweet, and chewy, a touch of lime transports these healthy treats into the ultimate snack realm. Elderberry and blueberries give added boosts of antioxidants and immune support. But once these gems are ready to pick up, everyone will be too busy biting into the flavours to notice the hidden benefits.
Blueberry Lime Fruit Gummies
- 2/3 cup pure apple juice
- 1/3 cup blueberry applesauce (I used pureed blueberry lime applesauce)
- 4 Tablespoons unflavoured gelatin powder (about 4 packets)
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup (or cane sugar if not paleo)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons elderberry syrup, optional (for colour and immune support)
- pinch of ground ginger
- oil for greasing the pan/s
- Blend gelatin and juice and applesauce together in a small, cool saucepan. Turn heat to medium and warm mixture to dissolve gelatin. Add maple syrup and elderberry syrup if using. Continue to heat and stir gently until mixture is smooth and liquid is transparent.
- Turn off heat and stir in lime juice. Pour warm liquid into a lightly greased glass dish, such as a loaf pan. Carefully place the pan on a level shelf in the freezer for 15 minutes to set. Lift the solidified gummy layer out and cut with a sharp knife into cubes or desired shapes. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve or pack in a lunch box.