When the race is on to feed your family dinner, turn to this simple yet flavorful hot dish. All you need is rice, enchilada sauce, ground meat, beans, cheese and tortilla chips to layer into a satisfying one-dish meal that comes together in 40 minutes or less.
Nacho Enchildada Rice Hot Dish
- 4 to 6 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1 can green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup cooked or canned black beans or white beans
- 12 to 16 ounces (340 to 450 g) ground pork, ground chicken, or ground turkey
- taco seasoning, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped onion or shallots
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese OR cheese alternative for dairy free
- about 6 to 8 ounces (170 to 220g) tortilla chips
- Heat oil in a large saute pan. Saute onion or shallot until tender. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Stir in ground meat/poultry and cook until no pink remains. Season to taste with taco seasoning and add beans and enchilada sauce.
- Add cooked rice to a greased round, oval, or square 2-quart casserole dish. Top with meat and bean mixture, followed by 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until hot dish is warmed through and bubbly.
- Add tortilla chips and top with remaining cheese. Return dish to oven and bake for several minutes until cheese melts, being careful not to let the chips turn brown, Serve dish while still warm.
I’ll be sharing my recipe at Fiesta Friday this week. Come see the other dishes and celebrate Cinco de Mayo with us! Angie is a wonderful hostess, and this week Antonia from Zoale.com is her co-host.
3 thoughts on “Nacho Enchilada Rice Hot Dish”
You’ve created something unique here. It’s like rice casserole and nachos combined. How utterly delicious! I know my family would love and appreciate this.
I think they will! It’s also blessedly simple to make. 🙂 I’m thankful to have easy options for when it’s been “a day.”
Such a cool dish! I love this! Breaking through a layer of tortilla chips..just awesome! Thank you for sharing your delicious and creative dish with us over at Fiesta Friday! Happy Cinco de Mayo!