A snap to make, these garlicky potato slices will melt in your mouth. Serve this four or five ingredient galette as a savory side dish that the whole family will enjoy.
When garlic enters the scene, potatoes become a whole lot tastier. Actually, my children start to wander toward the kitchen as soon as they smell the garlic aroma. This side dish is one of our all time favorites. So I’m finally sharing it here so you can taste it too.
Once the prep of the potatoes and garlic is done, cooking takes 10 minutes or less, thanks to the microwave. Or you can bake it for a hour in a covered dish. I don’t usually have enough time left for that, and my family gobbles these potatoes up quickly every time.
A garnish of parsley or green onion is lovely, but not essential. The garlic is. And taste is what matters most to my crew.
Occasionally I will sprinkle the potatoes with shredded Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese, but during our dairy free years, we enjoyed the potatoes with just the four basic ingredients—garlic, oil, salt, and potatoes.
Garlic Potatoes Galette
- 6 red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- 2 to 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix together olive oil, garlic, and sea salt in a medium bowl.
- Add potato slices and toss to coat. Into a 2-litre (2-quart) baking dish, place potato slices, overlapping them in circular rings. Pour any remaining olive oil and garlic on top. Cover with a glass lid or a microwave safe plate. Microwave for 7 to 9 minutes on high power. Or bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender and cooked through. Serve warm. Garnish with green onion or parsley if desired.