What better way to enjoy a three day weekend than watching a movie trilogy? Tonight we’re wrapping up the last of the new Batman movies. And it so seems fitting that I made BAT kebabs today. These are a superbly simple appetizer, much like last month’s pesto shrimp salad bites.
Today is Victoria Day here in Canada, which means most people have the day off. For a lip-smacking addition to whatever you are grilling on the weekend, look no further. These kebabs also work well at breakfast, brunch, or lunch. For all my fellow Americans south of the border (meaning in the U.S.), may you enjoy your Memorial Day weekend coming up, and give thanks for the freedom others fought to preserve.
Recipe for BAT (Bacon Avocado Tomato) Kebabs
- Bacon, cooked until slightly crisp OR grilled eggplant, zucchini, or mushrooms (for vegetarians)
- Tomatoes, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- Avocado, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- Gently toss together avocado and tomato pieces so that the tomato juice coats the avocado pieces.
- Thread bacon (or grilled vegetables), tomato, and avocado onto toothpicks. Serve at room temperature.