December has arrived, and I haven’t started baking in earnest yet. However I am okay with that. Usually I can be found baking all through the twelve days of Christmas. Our family runs on an academic calendar, so that’s often the time that works best. The pace of life slows. My kids are out of school and eager to help make and scarf down what we create together.
If you think you’ve finished your holiday baking, you might want to reconsider and add one or two more of these treats to your stash. Or keep these on file in case you need to replenish something.
As for me, I would rather bake than shop all day. And cookies are probably my favorite treat to make. My cookie board on Pinterest offers further proof and inspiration. Enjoying these seven homemade cookie recipes again with family, neighbors, and friends is something I am really looking forward to in this Christmas season.
Do you have a special cookie recipe that you like to make each year?
1. Almond Supreme Cookies (gluten free)
2. Almond-Kissed Butter Pecan Cookies (super easy!)
3. Hot Chocolate Cookie Brittle (gluten free option)
4. Five Spice Peppernuts (jar-gift and party friendly!)
5. Healthier Samoa Coconut Cookies (gluten free)
6. Pinwheel Spice Cookies with Jam Filling (pretty on a plate!)
7. Pistachio Almond Blondie Brittle (sweet and crispy!)