All fruit, totally refreshing cherry and watermelon blend together in these popsicles. Frosty fruit treats take the edge off summer’s heat in a most delicious way.
Bring on the sunshine–so long as we have our freezer stocked with naturally sweet popsicles. I really would rather steer clear artificially coloured sugar water, which somehow becomes popular once it is frozen. Real fruit tastes so much better. And I will offer these Cherry Watermelon Popsicles to my children gladly, without regret. The only consequence of them tasting so good is that we could use more popsicle moulds to keep up with the demand!
Cherry Watermelon Popsicles
- Fresh watermelon cubes, seedless or seeds removed
- Fresh or frozen sweet cherries, pitted
- Fresh lime juice, to taste OR fresh pineapple cubes
- Into a blender jar, place watermelon and cherries (at least half of the fruit should be watermelon to provide liquid for blending). Puree fruits until smooth, pausing to push down fruit if necessary. Add lime juice or pineapple to taste, blending again as needed.
- Pour blended fruit mixture into popsicle moulds. Insert popsicle sticks. (Or to make the popsicles colourful, I used thin wooden coffee stirrers partially covered with striped paper straws.) Freeze until solid, remove from moulds, and enjoy!
Also shared at Savoring Saturdays.