Did you know that tomorrow is Lunar New Year’s Eve? Before I went to China and Vietnam, I was mostly unaware of this major holiday. Yet after spending seven years there, I now find myself wistful at this time of year, as I think of the friends, food, and festivities I left behind. Thankfully, through Facebook, I am still in touch with some of the people I came to know and love during my time in Asia.
Authentic Chinese and Vietnamese food can be a little more difficult to find though. To help in my quest, I have gathered of lots of tantalizing ideas on my Lunar New Year Celebration board from this year and last year!
This coming year is the year of the sheep on the lunar calendar. In honour of the occasion, I have collected more fantastic Asian recipes to share this week. These may just inspire you to try something new too! What will it be? Let’s take a look…
1. Braised Abalone and Shiitake Mushrooms over Bok Choy by The Piquey Eater
2. Manchurian Chickpea Bowl (Vegan) by the Taste Space
3. Kimchi Stew with Tofu and Mushrooms (Vegan Kimchi Jigae) by the Taste Space
4. Ginger-Garlic Green Beans by Within the Kitchen
5. Honey Garlic Eggplant by Relish the Bite
6. Pan-Fried Noodles with Baby Corn Manchurian by Relish the Bite
7. Chicken Salad Rolls with Peanut Sauce by Within the Kitchen
8. Cleansing Ramen Soup by Food Well Said
9. Chicken Satay Noodle Bowl by In Search of Yummy-ness
10. Quinoa Fried “Rice” by In the Wild Kitchen
11. Chicken Fried Noodles with Black Bean Sauce by Life Made Sweeter
12. Inside Out Potstickers by Swirls and Spice
13. Sesame Sticky Rice Cakes with Banana by Swirls and Spice
Also shared at Savoring Saturdays.