Vibrant red pomegranate contrasts with fresh splashes of green parsley in this quinoa salad with a bright citrus dressing.
This salad has everything I am looking for. Not only is it eye-catching, it’s healthy, crunchy, satisfying, and tied together with a perfectly balanced, tangy citrus dressing. Salads that are too sweet are not my style. The beautiful red pomegranate, however, does not take this salad over the sweetness line. Lemon juice is the key. And you can adjust the tartness if you like and add less lemon if you prefer more of the orange sweetness to shine through
Pomegranante Quinoa Salad with Citrus Dressing
For the Salad:
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup pecan or walnut pieces
For the Citrus Dressing:
- 6 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- Cook quinoa with water and salt according to package directions, or by adding 2 cups water and simmering in a covered saucepan for 20 minutes.
- Let cooked quinoa cool. Meanwhile, whisk together ingredients for dressing in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over quinoa and toss with pomegranate, parsley, and nuts. Add more salt to taste if necessary. Serve chilled or at room temperature.