Did anyone else grow up eating “Ants on a Log”? Here’s a colourful spin on that theme. Keep the celery, spike the peanut butter with lime and honey, and trade out raisins for carrot rounds. Sprinkle on some dark seeds, and voila! Ladybugs (or ladybirds) appear, alighting just in time for the arrival of spring!
Recipe for Ladybugs on a Stick
- celery sticks
- peanut butter (or sunflower seed butter, or other nut butter)
- fresh lime juice
- carrot tips, peeled and sliced into small rounds
- honey (or maple syrup)
- chia seeds, flax seeds, or black sesame seeds
- Briefly warm peanut butter in a small bowl in the microwave until softened. Use a fork to whisk in lime juice and honey to taste. Spread peanut butter blend into the celery sticks.
- Lightly glaze the sliced carrot rounds with honey and sprinkle with chia or black sesame seeds to form spots. Arrange carrot “ladybugs” on top of the peanut butter centers of the celery sticks. Serve with a smile.