The idea seemed too simple. And then I tasted one. After that I had no qualms about sharing the recipe for these delicious vegetable wraps. I started with leftover Golden Crisp Potatoes and Carrots. While I considered wrapping them in a homemade tortilla, I opted instead for a leaf of crisp Napa cabbage, which is almost as mild as lettuce in flavour. The only other component was a white bean spread, which I made from cooked white beans, mayonnaise, and seasoning. You could also use hummus as the spread instead of white beans. Either way, it is gluten free, grain free, and dairy free, yet still one tasty wrap.
- Napa cabbage leaves or leaf lettuce, rinsed, dried, and trimmed
- Golden Crisp Potatoes with Southwestern Seasoning (I used leftovers)
- white beans, cooked and drained
- mayonnaise (or Vegenaise)
- paprika, garlic powder, and/or ground pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- Mash or puree white beans until desired consistency is reached. Combine with mayonnaise in a ratio of 2 parts beans to one part mayonnaise. Season with spices and salt to taste. Stir until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Smear the white bean spread onto a cabbage or lettuce leaf. Top with seasoned Golden Crisp Potatoes and Carrots. Serve wraps cold or at room temperature.