So easy to make you won’t believe it, this paleo “oatmeal” is the best! And the minimum number of ingredients? Two. Coconut and banana. I sat amazed after the first bite!
This ultra simple recipe came about because starting every day with eggs was getting boring. Furthermore, eating nothing but protein in the morning seemed to result in a headache. In my quest for variety in the grain free realm, I researched a few paleo “oatmeal” recipes. But they were either complicated or required expensive ingredients. This recipe is not like that. Plus it offers endless mix-in options!
Lately I’ve seen lots of healthy recipes that call for coconut butter, which is pricey to buy or requires a Vitamix to make your own. I have nothing against having a fancy blender, but it falls in the same category as a big flat screen T.V. for our family right now–nice but not essential. And thus prompted by hunger, I devised this low-cost breakfast in a bowl using coconut flakes. All it requires for blending equipment are these:
Got a fork and bowl? You are just one minute away from breakfast bliss.
What will you mix into yours?
Instant Banana Coconut Grain-Free Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 to 1 ripe banana
- almond butter, peanut butter, etc.
- chocolate chips, cacao nibs, etc.
- use your imagination!
- Add water (or almond milk) to coconut flakes until they are moistened completely. Heat wet coconut mixture to boiling, either via microwave or stove.
- Mash in banana and stir until well blended. Add any mix-ins you like. Serve warm.