Melted mint chocolate and gooey marshmallow gets squished between chocolate graham crackers to create a treat fit for royalty.
I suspected my prince and princesses would love these super simple baked s’mores. I was right. They didn’t even notice that the chocolate decadence they were inhaling was gluten free.
You don’t have to make your own chocolate graham crackers if you’re in a rush. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how simple they are to make; I found a gluten-free graham cracker recipe from Serious Eats to guide me. Check out my slightly healthier version of homemade chocolate graham crackers here. They are flavored with mint and smell amazing!
Chocolate Mint S'mores - Gluten Free Option
- Chocolate graham crackers (gluten free, if desired)
- Chocolate mint thins*
- Marshmallows (I bought kosher marshmallows, or make your own)
* I used Andes creme de menthe thins, which do contain milk. Choose a vegan chocolate, such as Endangered Species brand, to keep the s’mores dairy free.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place half of the graham crackers available on the baking sheet. Top each with a piece (or two) of mint chocolate, followed by a jumbo marshmallow.
- Toast in the oven until marshmallows are golden and chocolate starts to melt (about 4 minutes). Remove open-faced s’mores from the oven and immediately top with the reserved graham crackers to make s’more sandwiches. Serve warm.
I’m sharing these s’mores with my friends at Fiesta Friday,
co-hosted by Naina @ Spice in the City and
Julianna @ Foodie On Board this week.
I’m also sharing this Allergy Free Wednesday.